Skip to main content

Sooooooo.... HERE AM I!! My VERY First BLOG

Well here I am sitting at school - supposedly marking work, BUT if I look at what I'm REALLY doing - it's NOT marking!!

I've just taken the ultimate step and created a blog for myself!! 

WHY? - you may well ask. What have you got to offer........

 I got the idea off the movie 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' where Judi Dench's character Evelyn writes a blog every day about her experiences, thoughts and feelings. 

I had an epiphany - and decided that since ONE DAY I am actually going to write a book about my own existence as a New Zealand Indian (of three generations) this was the perfect way to document what happens in my life on a day to day basis - this would be the 'note form' of my book.

......and as for what have I got to offer?

I am a teacher - an ESOL teacher in a secondary school in Auckland: have been a teacher for rather a long time now........ So I think I have A LOT to offer: advice, wisdom, life's lessons, daily teachings, sharing of thoughts AND more importantly the 'Meeting of Minds!' As one great lecturer said to me: 'The knowledge we share is a Meeting of the Minds - and greatness happens from this!'

This is a picture of me:

On that very philosophical note I shall now sign off!!
Only hope it works out - Better actually do some work now!! 

:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...And here it is!! 'Menopause Madness; I Survived - You Can Too! The Outrageous Memoir of a Menopausal Woman'

  And here it is... 'Menopause Madness; I Survived - You Can Too! The Outrageous Memoir of a Menopausal Woman.'  'What's this?' you may ask me. 'You've finally got your memoir written?' The answer is yes and after four months of getting my raw manuscript into a polished manuscript, acceptable to publishing houses, I spent an additional seven months sending the highly polished version (Edit 4) to various publishing houses in the hope of securing a publisher. Hell no!! Not to be for me, I'm afraid.  Every morning I would wake up and check my inbox for emails from publishers on the other side of the world; the UK and USA and Canada. Most mornings there was not a lot. But some mornings I was pleasantly surprised for 30 seconds and then ever-so-gently let down in 10 seconds, and all in the very same email - incredible!  Several publishers said 'Great manuscript and great topic.' One NZ publisher (who shall remain nameless), told me the topic was n

Nothing changes - if nothing changes...

A week ago I wrote my blog about facing a challenge and coming to a crossroads in my life.  Many of you were kind enough to message me about 'just going for it' and not being afraid to take the plunge and do something different. This week I want to write about understanding change, understanding your fears, being able to overcome them, and being able to take the right action. It's very easy as a bystander to look across and think to yourself 'Oh she/he'll be alright,' 'What can I say to  XYZ (friend) ?' or 'Hell... I feel really sad for XYZ (friend) but how the heck do I help?' Let's examine it all... Understanding change As a younger woman - I was fearless. I was bold and daring, and I loved the buzz of a calculated risk. 'Change' was to be embraced. The old saying was that 'Change was as good as a holiday' meaning if you wanted but couldn't get that holiday buzz, then go do something different - simple! However, time tak

2022 - What a year...

Well now, I must say... 'it's been a while'! Here we are at the end of 2022, the 30th of December to be precise, and my last post was literally donkey's years ago. In fact, it was a decade ago. So let me begin. COVID (our global pandemic) is still in existence here in New Zealand, and now we are seeing yet another surge in the  rising numbers. Both my husband and I managed to contract it over April this year but swiftly got rid of it. He had it for a period of seven days and I retained it for close to seven weeks. But now, in spite of its presence in the wider community, we are both keeping well and healthy. However, visits to see my eighty-year-old mum in Mt. Eden are less frequent, as I live in fear of perhaps being asymptomatic or a carrier, then sharing it with her unwittingly. This year with COVID still being a very influential factor in our lives, I was made part-time, which felt quite strange. I guess it was because we had come out of or through hybrid and onlin